Relocation Readiness Program
- Newcomers Orientation
Welcome to Fort Benning! If you are new to the installation, join us for the weekly Newcomers Orientation from 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesdays at the ACS Auditorium. All Military personnel, family members and civilians are invited. Here you will learn about resources, programs, activities and organizations on post and all across the Chattahoochee Valley. Spouses are encouraged to attend, and children are welcome. Refreshments provided.
- Benning Bus Tour
Join us for the Benning Bus Tour the third Thursday of each month, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. It’s free and it’s fun and it includes great food. Call +1(706) 545-4468 to register, and be sure to ask about free child care.
- Relocation Counseling
Relocation counseling is provided for individuals and groups. It is available to both in and outbound personnel with a primary focus on pre-departure counseling, relocation planning and personnel preparing for their first PCS move.
- Lending Closet
The Lending Closet has basic household items available for Soldiers and families while their household goods are in transit. Items include basic kitchen equipment, high chairs, car seats, pack-n-plays, sleeping mats, microwaves, ironing boards, irons and alarm clocks. You may borrow for up to 30 days when you present your orders to Fort Benning, an ID card and a unit POC.
- Multicultural Services
This program offers information on policies, procedures and forms needed for residency and citizenship. We work with the Atlanta USCIS District Office, and we help schedule appointments with Citizenship and Immigration Services for family members, Soldiers, eligible Reservists and retirees.
- Citizen Support Group
This class offers the information about U.S. government, history and American customs needed to pass the the citizenship test. We also refers students to citizenship counseling if they need help with USCIS forms or information for obtaining U.S. citizenship. Available to active duty Soldiers, family members, Army National Guardsmen and Reservists with a strong-to-intermediate comprehension of English. English as a Second Language information will be provided.
- Overseas Briefings
PCSing overseas? How exciting! We will help you make this transition smooth and enjoyable. Representatives from the following organizations will participate:
- ACS Exceptional Family Member Program
- School Liaison
- Claims (JAG)
- ACS Pre-Move Financial Workshop (mandatory for E-4s and below)
- ACS Relocation
Dates: Fourth Thursday of each month.
Location: Building 7, 7117 Baltzell Avenue
Time: 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Reservations required. Call +1(706) 545-4485.
- Sponsorship Training
The Total Army Sponsorship Program helps Soldiers, civilian employees and family members during the relocation process. Attendees learn the various elements of the sponsorship program, including how to be an effective sponsor and where to find information incoming personnel may request. Available to Soldiers, Army National Guardsmen, Reservists and civilian employees interested in becoming sponsors.
- New to the Military? Do you have questions about your benefits and entitlements? What are my housing options? You will find the answers to these questions and more at this link. MilitaryOneSource Moving Information
- Military Installations: Moving to a new assignment? Here you can view resources, articles, photos, major unit listings and contacts for programs at your next duty station.
- Plan My Move: Take charge of your PCS move. Plan My Move provides you with access to information about your entitlements and benefits, to points of contact, checklists, planning tools, and information on education and employment. Plan My Move will put you and your family in charge of a smooth relocation to your new duty assignment. Fill in the following information about your move, click “Get Moving” and we will get started. If your new assignment cannot be found, select a nearby installation.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Moving is a part of life for Soldiers, civilian government employees and their Families. The Army Community Service Relocation Readiness Program is here to help with a comprehensive support system, whether it’s your first move or the last of many. We have all kinds of information and resources to help you and your family navigate your next military move.
Your first stop should be your local Army Community Service Family center to meet with a Relocation Readiness Program Manager who can get you started.