- Smith Fitness Center Aquatics Complex
Open for recreational swim with normal pool hours until May 27, 2022. The Breezeway Pool will open May 28 for Summer Pool Season.
- Briant Wells Indoor Pool
Briant Wells is currently closed for renovations.
Briant Wells Pool: Reservations are no longer required. Lap swim is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Pool hours may vary due to scheduled military training. Visit the facility's information board for the most up-to-date schedule.
- Authorized MWR patrons (in accordance with AR 215-1; Table 7-1, 24 Sep 2015) may use MWR aquatic facilities.
- Patrons 10 and older must present photo identification upon entering facility.
- Children 12 and younger must be actively participating in the same activity and under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian. Children may be participants in a special program organized by Child, Youth & School Services, schools, or other authorized youth organizations.
- One parent/guardian may bring a maximum of six children at one time. Request a special accommodation letter for households with more than six children.
- Swimming is a high-risk activity; no more than two children between the ages of 0-6 years must be accompanied by one parent or guardian. We require continuous, watchful, and responsible supervision (within an arm’s length) when children 0-6 years are in a pool, wading pool or playing with standing water. This also includes any child using a floatation device regardless of their age. No more than two children can be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
- Military ID card holders can bring guests. Picture Identification must be presented for verification. Absolutely no refunds will be given. Guests are not permitted during morning lap swim.
- Guests are the sole responsibility of the sponsor. Guests must remain with the sponsor during the entire duration of their visit (AR 215-1, 7-1 d).
- Patrons must wear swimsuits appropriate for public appearance. No thongs, sports bras, basketball shorts, nylon shorts, underwear, cut-offs, or denim shorts are permitted. All suits must be lined. Light colored t-shirts may be worn over swimsuits. PT shorts are permitted.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- Subsurface or extended long breath holding is not allowed.
- Organized PT is prohibited.
- Persons with skin disorders, bandages, open wounds, eye, nose, or mouth discharge may be refused entry to the facility.
- No running, horseplay, or obscene language permitted within the facility.
- Rafts and toys are permitted in the pool at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
- Children may wear Coast Guard approved life jackets in the leisure pool.
- When using flotation devices, a child must be within an arm’s length of an adult.
- Diving is not permitted in the leisure pool. Diving is permitted in the deep end of the lap pool.
- No glass containers allowed on the pool deck. Food and drinks are permitted.
- No pets are permitted in the pool area at any time.
- All swimming pools are off limits when closed.
- Tobacco use of any kind is prohibited.
- Lifeguards have the authority to issue guidance on anything not covered here.
- Adult supervision is required at all times. Lifeguard supervision does not replace parental responsibilty to watch your children.
- Breezeway Pool
Georgia summers are HOT! Enjoy it at the Breezeway Complex, Fort Benning’s premiere recreational swimming complex with a toddler area, slide, splash pad, rock wall feature and more. Summer Pool Season begins on May 28, 2022! Entry is $3 per person, children 3 and under are free. Ask about our season pool passes!
- Monday: 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 2 – 6 p.m.
- Carey Pool
Carey Pool opens May 16, 2022 for lap swim only, Monday - Friday, 6:30 – 8 a.m.
Lunch swim from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. will periodically be available. See schedule for details.
No reservations are required and lanes will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be aware that Carey Pool is occasionally reserved for military training, so lanes may be unavailable.
Look for the helicopter!
Carey Pool is located off Sightseeing Road, behind the Infatnry Bar/Main Post Recreation Center near the intersection of Eckel Avenue. This 600,000 gallon, Olympic-size pool, with zero-depth entry and a 5,000-gallon toddler pool, has a rock wall, diving boards, a splash pad and more.
- Adult Swim Lessons
Can your swimming skills use a boost? Adults can reserve one-on-one lessons with our experienced staff to be a better and confident swimmer. Open to all skill-levels, sessions are one-hour and cost $150 for five lessons. Lessons will prepare Soldiers for Ranger School, the German Armed Forces Proficiency Badge and other swimming tests. This offer is valid for ID cardholders ages 18 and up. Session dates, times and locations will vary and will be disclosed during registration. To register or for more information email email@example.com or call 706-545-1400.
- Youth Swim Lessons
- Host a Party at the Pool: Currently Unavailable
Our outdoor pools are available for private events on weekends from 12 to 2 p.m. and from 2 to 4 p.m. The cost is $50 for two hours for 25 people, and an extra $15 for up to 25 additional people or $15 for an extra hour. Call 1+(706) 844-5766.
- Lifeguard Training
We offer a 2-year lifeguard certification, which includes the American Red Cross certification, first aid, CPR and AED, for MWR patrons 15 and older. The cost is $175. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Military Training and PT Reservations at Carey Pool
All reservations must be submitted least two weeks in advance. For more information, email email@example.com .
We have one indoor pool open throughout the year and two outdoor pools open seasonally. Please check hours of operation below. We offer a number of classes and programs including swim lessons, fitness classes, lifeguard training and Water Safety Instructor certification.
For information on the Aquatics Program at Fort Benning, call 706-545-1400.