Milton E. Long Library
- Books Clubs, Family Programs & Resources
Long Library hosts regular (free!) activities for the family (with refreshments!) For information, call 706-545-4911. Activities include:
Preschool Story Hour at 10:30am every Wednesday
American Girl Book Club at 6:00pm the first Wednesday of every month for elementary age readers
Superheroes Book Club - at 6:30pm the third Wednesday of every month for elementary age readers
Board Game Night at 6pm the fourth Thursday
Movies and Munchies at 1pm every second and fourth Saturday
Teen Fridays the second Friday of the month at 4:00pm. Includes variety of activities, contests and prizes
Move and Groove meets at 4:00pm the fourth Saturday of each month for movement activities.
The library also offers:
- Free downloadable electronic books – Click here for more information on the Army Library Program and to access ebooks.
- Free fax services – Send or receive fax messages at no charge.
- Printing services – Black and white 10 cents/page, color 25 cents/page
- MasterFILE Premier – Easy access to magazines, audio options and mobile device access. Ask your librarian for a free username and pin.
- Call +1 (706) 545-4911 for a free password to use the Library Education Resource Center
- Search our catalog.
- Army Libraries Reference Center
- Heritage Quest Online – Access to local and regional histories, government documents, a variety of images, documents and information dating to the Revolutionary War. Free access from AKO accounts or the library’s catalog. Ask your librarian for a free username and pin.
- You will find information about the MCoE's Donovan Research Library here.
One Click Digital allows patrons to download recorded books onto any smart device. Click the image below and use the code, "sayers".
- Library Database
- Chilton Library
- Small Engine repair reference center
- Petersons DOD Lifelong Resource Center
- Rosetta Stone
- Student Resources in Context
E-Books and Audio Books
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Safari Books
- Ancestry Library Proquest Edition
- Heritage Quest
- Artemis Literary Sources
- Novelist Plus and Novelist K-8 Plus
Magazines and Newspapers
- Consumer Reports
- Proquest Newspapers
- Zinio Digital Magazines
History and Social Issues
- National Geographic Virtual Library
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- US History in Context
- World History in Context
Military and Government
- Military and Government Collection
- Career Transitions
- Small Business Reference Center
- Consumer Reports
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO)
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- eJournal Title Search
Hours of Operation
|Monday||10 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Thursday||10 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Friday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Sunday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
Aside from an extensive collection of print material, our library offers a variety of equipment and services, including free wireless internet, 77 desktop computers, thousands of DVDs and CDs, digital audio books, book clubs and children’s programs. Our research and reference resources are second to none, and our librarians are always happy to help. If you don’t find what you need, perhaps we can borrow it from another library.