Destin Army Recreation Area
- Pet Policy
Please specify at the time you make reservations that a pet facility is requested. A limit of two pets is permitted in designated areas and lodging facilities. There is a $25 non-refundable deposit and a fee of $5 per day per pet.
- Daily Lodging Rates
Accommodations March 1-Sept 30 Oct 1-Feb 28 Active Duty E5 and below 3 Bedroom Villa, Standard $139 $123 $116 3 Bedroom Villa, Deluxe $150 $133 $126 2 Bedroom Villa, Standard $123 $112 $100 2 Bedroom Villa, Deluxe $128 $118 $105 Suite (1-Bedroom) $112 $102 $90 Studio, Premium $102 $96 $79 Studio, Deluxe $96 $90 $74 Hotel $80 $75 $55 RV, up to 32 Foot $21 $21 $20 RV, up to 38 Foot $23 $22 $21 RV, up to 40 Foot $24 $23 $22 Trailer Parking $4 $4 $4
- Amenities and Activities for our Guests
- Fishing pier – A Florida fishing license is required to use our 300′ fishing pier. Crabbing off the pier is popular, although seasonal restrictions apply. Crabbing or fishing is prohibited in the marina basin.
- Conference facility – Rent this comfortable, convenient space for meetings, receptions, reunions and unit activities.
- Swimming pool and splash park – 2,500 square feet of fun, with playgrounds and picnic areas along the waterfront. Open all year, weather permitting.
- Fitness facilities and recreation equipment – includes treadmills, TVs, kayaks and paddle boards. The roads surrounding the recreation are safe for running and limited mostly to local residents.
- Internet Services – a free internet hotspot is located at the Conference Center.
- Event planning – We’re ready to host your next big event! Whether you prefer a scenic waterfront setting or our comfortable conference center, we will help you plan a memorable and successful event.
- Beach Park access - Our resort is located near the Eglin AFB Beach Park on Highway 98. This park is reserved for military ID card holders. Open season varies. For information, call 850-882-5058.
- Marina Rental Rates
Boats 2 Hours 4 Hours 6 Hours Each Extra Hour Pontoon $90 $165 $235 $45 Fishing Pontoon $100 $195 $275 $50 Bay Fishing Boat $70 N/A N/A $35 Vessels 1/2 Hour 1 Hour 4 Hours 8 Hours Waverunner $60 $205 N/A Kayak N/A $15 $40 $60 Paddle Board N/A $15 $40 $60
Closed through February.
Prices are subject to change without notice. It has come to our attention that price lists do not appear accurately on some cellphones. Please call to confirm prices.
Alcoholic beverages will not be consumed on our vessels. Fishing is allowed on Fishing Pontoons only. The cost of one tank of gas is included in the rental fees. Guests must have a Boater Safety Certification to rent a motorized boat. Certifications are available at Boatus.org.
- From Columbus, take Route 28 over the Chattahoochee River into Phenix City. Pick up 431 South to Eufaula, Abbeville, and Dothan. From Fort Benning, go around Lawson Army Airfield and cross Eddy Bridge. Turn right on 101st Airborne Division Road to AL 165. Pick up 431 South at Eufaula.
- Take the 431 South Bypass around Dothan and pick up 231 South to Cottondale, South of Cottondale take I-10 West.
- From 1-10 West, exit on Route 331 South to US Route 98. Turn right and follow Highway 98 into Destin.
- Once in Destin, make a right onto Benning Drive and follow it until you come to a dead end at the park.
Make your reservation today!
Welcome to Fort Benning’s premier vacation destination. Destin Army Recreation Area is a gated resort in the heart of Old Destin, near the Harbor Walk Village, just 220 miles south of Fort Benning, between Pensacola and Panama City.The resort spans 15 acres along the Choctawhatchee Bay, minutes from the Gulf of Mexico.
We have 2- and 3-bedroom villas, 1-bedroom suites, hotels and studios, an RV site, and a full-service marina. Click here to view a map of the park.
Active duty service members can reserve a villa six months in advance; all others may reserve four months in advance. You cannot reserve villas online; please call for availability.
All other accomodations can be reserved a year on advance.
All accommodations are non-smoking, and many are pet-friendly and handicap accessible. Click here to see photos of the resort and the surrounding area.
The Destin Army Recreation Area is open year round to active duty and retired military personnel, their families and DoD civilians. Make your reservation here.
Check in is 4pm CTS.
The pool and splash park are open from 9am-9pm.
Please respect quiet hours from 10pm to 7am.