- Lodging Rates and Reservations
March 1-Oct 31 (Daily Rate)
Nov 1 - Feb 28 (Daily Rate)
(available during Winter Rates only)
3 Bedroom Villa, Standard $160 $123 $72 3 Bedroom Villa, Deluxe $170 $133 $78 2 Bedroom Villa, Standard $150 $112 $60 2 Bedroom Villa, Deluxe $155 $118 $65 Suite (1-Bedroom) $135 $102 $48 Studio, Deluxe $116 $90 $36 Studio, Premium $122 $96 $40 Hotel $95 $75 $48 RV Park Year Round Rates RV STD 32' $30 RV DX 38' $35 RV PRM 40' $40 Pull Thru 40'+ $55
IS THERE A MINIMUM/MAXIMUM NIGHTS STAY?
Reservation Info Summer Season Winter Season Villa's Min 4 nights, Max 7 nights Min 2 nights, Max 30 nights Suite Min 3 nights, Max 7 nights Min 2 nights, Max 30 nights Studios Min 2 nights, Max 7 nights No Min, Max 30 nights Hotel Rooms No Min, Max 7 nights No Min, Max 30 nights RV Sites No Min, Max 30 nights No Min, Max 4 months
HOW CAN I MAKE A RESERVATION?
HOW FAR IN ADVANCE CAN I MAKE A RESERVATION?
Villa accommodations can be reserved 6 months in advance for active duty military. Villa accommodations can be reserved 4 months in advance for all other eligible guests. All other accommodations can be reserved a year in advance.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
A cancellation of a confirmed reservation must be made 14 days prior to check-in date in order to receive a full refund. Cancellation requests received in less than 14 days will forfeit the one night deposit.
WHAT IS THE CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT TIME?
Check-in time is 4pm CST. Check-out time is 11am CST.
ARE THE RV SITES FULL HOOK UPS (WATER/ELECTRIC/SEWER)?
RV sites have 30 and 50 AMP hookups including water electric and sewer. We also have Wi-Fi and cable accessibility.
CAN I BRING GUESTS WITH ME THAT AREN’T ACTIVE DUTY, RETIRED MILITARY PERSONNEL, THEIR FAMILIES OR DOD CIVILIANS?
Yes, eligible guests may bring additional guests that don’t fall under the eligibility guidelines as long as they are staying on the property with sponsor (no outside guests for daily visits).
DO WE NEED TO BRING ANYTHING FOR OUR STAY IN THE VILLAS/SUITES/STUDIOS/HOTEL? (LINENS, KITCHEN WARE, ETC.)
Upon your arrival, all rooms will be fully stock with fresh linens and kitchen appliances.
HOW DO I QUALIFY TO MAKE A RESERVATION?
Authorized patrons include active-duty military personnel and their family members, activated Reservists and Army National Guard members, retired military personnel, civilian Department of Defense (DoD) personnel, foreign national employees assigned and working directly for the DoD.
The following categories are eligible to use certain MWR retail activities, including: entertainment, clubs, recreational lodging/resorts, bowling, golf, restaurants, equipment rental, vehicle storage and kennels.
- Purple Heart recipients
- Former prisoners of war
- All veterans with service-connected disabilities
- Individual approved and designated as the primary family caregivers of eligible veterans enrolled under the Department of Veterans Affairs Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers.
For a complete list of MWR patronage authorization reference the Patron Eligibility Criteria Table 7-1 (Page 51).
- Amenities and Activities for our Guests
Fishing pier – A Florida fishing license is required to use our 300′ fishing pier. Crabbing off the pier is popular, although seasonal restrictions apply. Crabbing or fishing is prohibited in the marina basin.
Conference facility – Rent this comfortable, convenient space for meetings, receptions, reunions and unit activities.
Swimming pool and splash park – 2,500 square feet of fun, with playgrounds and picnic areas along the waterfront. Open all year, weather permitting.
Fitness facilities and recreation equipment – includes treadmills, weights, elliptical, kayaks and paddle boards. The roads surrounding the recreation are safe for running and limited mostly to local residents.
Internet Services –Wi-Fi is available (COX).
Event planning – We’re ready to host your next big event! Whether you prefer a scenic waterfront setting or our comfortable conference center, we will help you plan a memorable and successful event.
- The Marina
WHAT ARE THE MARINA HOURS?
The Marina is open weekly from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Boats 4 Hours 6 Hours
(unavailable at this time)
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR RENTING A BOAT?
Guests must have a Boater Safety Certification to rent a motorized boat. Certifications are available at Boatus.org.
Vessels 1 Hour 4 Hours 8 Hours
(unavailable at this time)
$60 $205 N/A Kayak $15 $40 $60 Paddle Board $15 $40 $60
ARE CHARTERS AVAILABLE?
Led by a professionally trained and licensed crew, your fishing adventure aboard Stars and Stripes includes permits, licenses, tackle, bait, lures, water, professional instruction and all safety gear. Our friendly and helpful crew will take you to our special spots where we will rig your rod and reel, assist in baiting your hook and remove your catch from your line. Upon return, the crew will display your catch for your personal photo session. The crew will then clean, filet, bag and ice your fish for you. Whether you are an avid fisher, novice, kid or adult our trips are catered to your needs and because our trips hold no more than 6 passengers, you are guaranteed to get personalized service, unmatched anywhere in Destin at a price you can afford.
Charters 4 Hours 6 Hours 8 Hours Fishing Charter $450 $650 $850
CAN I LAUNCH A BOAT FROM THE MARINA IF I AM NOT STAYING THERE?
No as parking is limited we only have spaces for on-property guests.
IS FISHING ALLOWED ON SITE?
Florida Saltwater Fishing Regulations apply to all guests. Florida License to fish is a requirement. You may go to MyFWC.com to purchase online. Fishing is prohibited in the marina basin and boat ramp.
IS CRABBING ALLOWED OFF THE PIER?
Crabbing off the pier is popular, although seasonal restrictions apply. Crabbing is prohibited in the marina basin and boat ramp.
- Beach Access
Although there is no direct beach access on site, our resort is located near the Eglin AFB Beach Park on Highway 98. This park is reserved for military ID card holders. Open season varies. For information, call 850-882-5058.
IS SWIMMING ALLOWED IN THE BAY AREA/AROUND THE DOCK?
Yes swimming is allowed in the bay.
Additional Information about Public Beaches, Parks and Boat launches in the vicinity:
- Ross Marler Park: 1275 Santa Rosa Blvd., Fort Walton Beach: Ross Marler Park provides boat launch, swimming and fishing access to Choctawhatchee Bay. There are 20 boat trailer parking spaces, 80 auto parking spaces and a tram stop. Amenities include a handicapped accessible fishing platform, two boat ramps, two sets of bathrooms, several pavilions, grills, a roped off swimming area, a walking trail with interpretive signage, and a playground which offers a completely fenced, rubber surfaced children’s playground and walking perimeter, all of which is completely Handicapped Accessible. Free access, free boat launch.
- Joe’s Bayou Recreation Area and Boat Launch: 800 Beach Dr., Destin: Boating (power and water craft) Access, Restroom Facilities, Fishing Pier, Walking Trails and Sidewalks. Launch fee applies.
- Beach Access Way #1 - #7: 327 – 900 Santa Rosa Blvd, Fort Walton Beach: All Beach Accesses are located on the Gulf side, equipped with restrooms, showers and ample parking. Beach Access #1, #2, #7 have an additional pavilion, picnic tables and grills. Free to the public.
- Beasley Park: 1550 Miracle Strip Parkway, Fort Walton Beach: John Beasley Park is a large beach park on Okaloosa Island with 2 dune walkovers to the Gulf of Mexico. This park has 2 large pavilions, 12 picnic tables, an octagonal platform, restrooms with changing rooms and 208 parking spaces. Free access to the public.
IS SMOKING ALLOWED IN ANY OF THE ACCOMMODATIONS?
All guest rooms and public areas are non-smoking. There are designated outdoor smoking areas. Policy requires no smoking within 50 feet of any structure or doorway. Guests violating the smoking policy within their guest rooms are subject to a cleaning fee of $200.
IS THE POOL AVAILABLE FOR ELIGIBLE PATRONS EVEN IF NOT STAYING ON SITE?
Pool & Splash Park are amenities available for on-property guests only.
IS THERE A BATH HOUSE?
There is a RV shower house and laundry facility on site.
IS TENT CAMPING AVAILABLE?
Tent camping is not available at Destin Army Recreation Area.
IS DESTIN ARMY RECREATION AREA PET FRIENDLY?
Please specify at the time you make reservations that a pet facility is requested. A limit of two pets is permitted in designated areas and lodging facilities (including RV sites). There is a $25 non-refundable deposit and a fee of $5 per day per pet.
Pets are welcome at RV sites and a number of villas, suites, studios and hotel rooms. A non-refundable deposit is required along with a daily fee. Pets must be under the owner’s control at all times and are not authorized behind other guest’s villas, at the pool, laundry or RV shower house. Pets must be kenneled when left alone in units and during housekeeping services. Owners are required to clean up immediately after their pets and are responsible for damages their pet causes. Guests who violate this policy will be charged a $100 clean up fee.
WHEN IS THE POOL/SPLASH PARK OPEN?
The pool and splash park are open from 9am-9pm.
ARE THERE LAUNDRY FACILITIES ON SITE?
Laundries are located at the RV park pavilion and in the Marlin and Wahoo buildings. Please do not leave your laundry unattended. A change machine is located at Reception/Conference Facility.
ARE THERE FITNESS FACILITIES ON SITE?
Located in the Marlin Building across from the Marina is a fitness room stocked with weight equipment and a recumbent bike. In the Conference Center you will find a treadmill, elliptical and bicycle for your use. Take advantage of the gorgeous outdoor space by renting kayaks, paddle boards, or taking a stroll through the peaceful neighborhoods surrounding the resort!
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
Destin Army Recreation Area is a gated resort in the heart of Old Destin, near the Harbor Walk Village, just 220 miles south of Fort Benning, between Pensacola and Panama City. The resort spans 15 acres along the Choctawhatchee Bay, minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. The physical address is 557 Calhoun Avenue, Destin, Florida.
HOW DO I GET TO THE RESORT?
- From Columbus, take Route 28 over the Chattahoochee River into Phenix City. Pick up 431 South to Eufaula, Abbeville, and Dothan. From Fort Benning, go around Lawson Army Airfield and cross Eddy Bridge. Turn right on 101st Airborne Division Road to AL 165. Pick up 431 South at Eufaula.
- Take the 431 South Bypass around Dothan and pick up 231 South to Cottondale, South of Cottondale take I-10 West.
- From 1-10 West, exit on Route 331 South to US Route 98. Turn right and follow Highway 98 into Destin.
- Once in Destin, make a right onto Benning Drive and follow it until you come to a dead end at the park.
Make your reservation today!
Welcome to Fort Benning’s premier vacation destination. Destin Army Recreation Area is a gated resort in the heart of Old Destin, near the Harbor Walk Village, just 220 miles south of Fort Benning, between Pensacola and Panama City. The resort spans 15 acres along the Choctawhatchee Bay, minutes from the Gulf of Mexico.
We have 2- and 3-bedroom villas, 1-bedroom suites, hotels and studios, an RV site, and a full-service marina. Click here to view a map of the park.
Click here to see photos of the resort and the surrounding area.
The Destin Army Recreation Area is open year round to active duty and retired military personnel, their families and DoD civilians. For hotel, studio or villas reservations, click here. Reservations for RV's only, click here.