Hunting & Fishing

Personnel authorized to hunt and fish on Fort Benning and who possess a valid state license must purchase hunting and fishing permits. Please call Outdoor Recreation at 706-545-7978 for more information.  Permits are valid for one year from date of purchase. For more information about hunting and fishing on Fort Benning, call the Conservation Branch at +1 (706) 544-7516.

Who is authorized to hunt or fish on Fort Benning?
  • U.S. Military Active Duty and Retired personnel
  • Veterans with a service connected disability of not less than 30 percent
  • Medal of Honor recipients
  • Current or retired full-time Department of Defense civilian employees
  • Federal civilian employees working full-time or equivalent status on Fort Benning and retired federal civilian employees who were employed at Fort Benning immediately prior to retirement
  • National Guardsmen and Reservists on active status
Open Areas

Please call Outdoor Recreation at 706-545-7978 for more information about open areas.