- Who is authorized to hunt or fish on Fort Benning?
- U.S. Military Active Duty and Retired personnel
- Veterans with a service connected disability of not less than 30 percent
- Medal of Honor recipients
- Current or retired full-time Department of Defense civilian employees
- Federal civilian employees working full-time or equivalent status on Fort Benning and retired federal civilian employees who were employed at Fort Benning immediately prior to retirement
- National Guardsmen and Reservists on active status
- Open Areas
Please call Outdoor Recreation at 706-545-7978 for more information about open areas.
- Hunting and Fishing Map Georeferenced
- Fort Benning Hunting and Fishing Information
- Hunting and Fishing Fees
- Security of Privately Owned Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives
- Hunter Education Course
- Hunting, Fishing, and Recreation Regulation
- Registration form for Privately Owned Weapons
- Firearms Suppressor ETP Procedures
- Annex A ETP Request Memorandum
- Annex B Verification of Diagnosis Memo
In accordance with General Order # 8 dated 22 January, 2021, the CG has approved the re-opening of hunting and fishing on post to all active duty Soldiers, their Family members, GS employees, retirees, and authorized guests under the trusted traveler program.
All participants are expected to apply social distancing rules and mitigation techniques at all times. Boat size will dictate the group size, however, you are strongly encouraged to have only two people in the boat (fish 6' apart). Masks are required if you cannot maintain that 6' distance. There is always a possibility that COVID could re-emerge and we want to show the CG and the senior leaders that hunting and fishing are very safe activists and the Fort Benning hunters and anglers can be trusted to follow the rules at all times.
Please remember the rules that govern weapon transportation in MCOE 190-11. You are authorized to conduct essential activities as defined in General Order # 8 before or after you hunt, however, you are not authorized to violate 190-11 to do so.
Please also remember that turkey hunting runs through 15 May and no hog hunting is allowed until turkey season is over.
Personnel authorized to hunt and fish on Fort Benning and who possess a valid state license must purchase hunting and fishing permits. Post permits for Hunting and Fishing can be validated at the Recreational Shooting Complex during regular business hours. The RSC is open Wednesday - Friday 11am-7pm, Saturday 9am-7pm, and Sunday 10am-6 pm. Permits are valid for one year from date of purchase. For more information about hunting and fishing on Fort Benning, call the Conservation Branch at +1 (706) 544-7516.