- Who is authorized to hunt or fish on Fort Benning?
- U.S. Military Active Duty and Retired personnel
- Veterans with a service connected disability of not less than 30 percent
- Medal of Honor recipients
- Current or retired full-time Department of Defense civilian employees
- Federal civilian employees working full-time or equivalent status on Fort Benning and retired federal civilian employees who were employed at Fort Benning immediately prior to retirement
- National Guardsmen and Reservists on active status
- Open Areas
Please call Outdoor Recreation at 706-545-7978 for more information about open areas.
- Hunting and Fishing Map Georeferenced
- Fort Benning Hunting and Fishing Information
- Hunting and Fishing Fees
- Security of Privately Owned Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives
- Hunter Education Course
- Hunting, Fishing, and Recreation Regulation
- Registration form for Privately Owned Weapons
- Firearms Suppressor ETP Procedures
- Annex A ETP Request Memorandum
- Annex B Verification of Diagnosis Memo
ATTENTION: Hunting and Fishing on Fort Benning remains open to active duty Soldiers, their family members, GS employees, retirees and their family members in accordance with General Order #5. The trusted traveler and guest programs are still closed at this time. Hunters and anglers will sign in and out using the normal iSportman procedures.
You are expected to apply social distancing rules and mitigation techniques. No groups larger than 15 people. For fishing, boat size will dictate the group size, however, you are strongly encouraged to have only two people in the boat (fish 6' apart). Masks are required if you cannot maintain that 6' distance.
Please remember the rules that govern weapon transportation in MCOE 190-11. You are authorized to conduct essential activities as defined in GO#5 before or after you hunt, however, you are not authorized to violate 190-11 to do so.
Personnel authorized to hunt and fish on Fort Benning and who possess a valid state license must purchase hunting and fishing permits. Post permits for Hunting and Fishing can be validated at the Recreational Shooting Complex during regular business hours. The RSC is open Wednesday - Friday 11am-7pm, Saturday 9am-7pm, and Sunday 10am-6 pm. Permits are valid for one year from date of purchase. For more information about hunting and fishing on Fort Benning, call the Conservation Branch at 706-544-7516.
Fort Benning Outdoor Recreation and Fort Benning Fish and Wildlife host the annual Hunting, Fishing and Recreation Open House on August 13 at 5 p.m. We will provide the Fort Benning Community an informative introduction to the regulations for hunting, fishing and weapons on post.
This year we are going virtual! Join us on the Fort Benning MWR Facebook page and enjoy from the comfort of your own home.