An official army family and MWR Site

Home Based Businesses and Fundraisers

Our operations are affected by COVID-19. Please see our home page for the most recent updates on facilities, events and more.

What is Home Based Businesses?

Interested in operating a Home-Based Business (HBBs) or planning a fundraiser? You've come to the right place.  HBBs  are an important contributor to Army Family quality of life – new changes to procedures makes it easier and quicker gain approval to operate an on-post HBB.

HBBs allow Families to work from their Army quarters, developing rewarding careers that follow them through PCS moves. The wide span of HBBs operated by Army Families includes:

  • Car repair/service
  • Hairdressing and hairstyling
  • Home baking and meal preparation
  • Pet grooming and pet sitting
  • Massage therapy
  • Retail sales from home

HBB owners need to obtain approval from the garrison commander or senior commander. We’ve recently streamlined the process to make it quicker and easier.

Not everyone who works from home operates an HBB though. If you work remotely from your home, you probably don’t need approval. Other examples of businesses that don’t need approval are:

  • Bookkeeping and tax preparation
  • Personal training conducted outside the home
  • Photography, graphic design, and advertising services
  • Tutoring and music instruction
  • Entertainment or travel planning
  • Housecleaning and lawn care
  • Selling items from multi-level marketing (MLM) companies

Home Based Business approval is quick and easy!

The Army’s new standardized HBB application template streamlines the approval process.  Of course, installations are still required to adhere to local and state laws and regulations regarding home business operations, so check into those, too.

Home Based Business or Commercial Solicitaion

If you would like to operate as a private vendor on post, review the policy and complete an personal commercial solicitation application or an application for a home-based business permit, then call +1 (706) 545-4847 to schedule an appointment with your MWR representative.

Start by submitting an application to operate a home based business, which is a Commercial Solicitation permit. Please review this statement regarding prohibited practices.

If your application is approved, you will be issued a solicitation ID card.

Please remember, AAFES has primacy for retail sales on the installation; home based businesses are the only exception. Therefore, approved home based businesses must be operated in home. Community centers cannot be used to sell retail merchandise for profit. This falls outside the scope of a home based business and is not authorized.

Private Organizations and Fundraising

For information on private organizations on post, click here.

For information on fundraising, click here. Please use the following forms to request permission to host a fund raising event.