Middle School & Teen Program
- MS&T Summer Camps and Field Trips
Middle School & Teen offers a variety of summer camps May 21-August 8 for ages 11-18. Camps are held weekdays from 7am to 1pm. Fees are based on family income. Register at Parent Central (706-545-2079.) Participants are not required to be registered with the MS&T program. Camps include:
• Open Recreation May 21 - 25: Participants will meet their peers and staff, and play video games and basketball.
• Adventure May 28 - June 1 (closed Memorial Day): This camp is jammed packed with adventure, including rock climbing, biking on the River Walk and more. • Paintball June 4 - 8: Participants will work in teams to develop combat strategies.
• Nature Survival June 11 - 15: Participants will learn outdoor survival skills while enjoying local parks, activities at Bryant Wells Pool, and a guided tour with a Forrest Wildlife representative.
• Culinary Arts June 18 - 22: Participants will develop safe cooking skills, build on the basics of cooking and create meals from new recipes. They will shop and dine at a local restaurant.
• DJ Skills June 25 – 29: Participants will work with a professional DJ, learn the history of the art, manipulate music software and make their own music. They will visit a radio station in Columbus.
• Core Sports July 2 – 6 (closed July 4): Participants will develop core stability and strength while playing handball and ultimate Frisbee.
• Paintball July 9 – 12: Participants will work in teams to develop combat strategies.
• Photography by Nature July 16 – 19: Participants will take photos at Russ Park, Moon Lake, and Cooper Creek to create a digital storytelling photo album of their work.
• Construction Connections July 23 – 26: Participants will tour a construction site and use simple tools to build a hoop house for gardening.
• Teen Challenge July 30 - August 3: Its boys against girls in kickball, cooking, DJing and construction!
• Afternoon Camp all summer: Participants will enjoy swimming, open recreation and a variety of activities from 1-6:30pm. (There is no additional fee for MS&T members already enrolled in regular after school programs.)
Middle School & Teen will also host a number of field trips. For information, call 706-545-3070.
May 25: Escape This Live in Columbus
June 1: Treadstone Rock Climbing in Columbus
June 8: Andretti in Atlanta
June 15: Callaway Garden in Pine Mountain
June 22: Six Flags Over Georgia in Atlanta
June 29: Lenox Mall in Atlanta
July 6: Aquarium in Atlanta
July 13: Splash Park in Tuscaloosa
July 20: Water Park in Warner Robins
July 27: Back to School Bash on Fort Benning
August 3: Local Field Trip TBA
- Torch Club
The Fort Benning Torch Club, for ages 11-13, meets twice a month to enjoy a great variety of activities at the CYS Campus on McIver Street. Participants must be registered at Parent Central. Club membership is free. For more information, call +1(706) 545-3540.
- Keystone Club
The Fort Benning Keystone Club, for ages 14 and older, meets at the CYS Campus on McIver Street to enjoy a great variety of activities, including those that promote leadership development, career interests, free enterprise, social development, community service and much more. Participants must be registered at Parent Central. Membership is free. For more information, call +1(706) 545-3540.
- Youth Sponsorship
The Fort Benning Youth Sponsorship Program helps new students, on post or off, transition smoothly to a new school. Ambassadors introduce them to school programs, sports, friends, entertainment and activities, school resources and more. For more information, call +1(706) 545-3062.
- Lifeguard Training for Teens
Learn the skills you need to be an emergency responder, a lifeguard or a trustworthy babysitter. We partner with the American Red Cross to offer CPR/First Aid/AED Training to MWR patrons 15 and older for $75. This includes an Adult and Pediatric First Aid/AED/CPR certificate valid for two years. To register, call +1(706) 844-5766.
- Babysitting Classes for Teens
CYS hosts babysitting certification classes for ages 11-17. Instruction includes CPR. The cost is $30. To register, call +1(706) 545-0522.
School Closures and Summer Hours of Operation
|Monday||5:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||5:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||5:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||5:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Friday||5:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
The Middle School and Teen Program is designed to develop young minds and bodies for a healthy transition to adulthood. This program includes classes, field trips, after school homework help, open recreation and more. The office opens at 9:30am. Register at Parent Central.