Family Child Care - FCC
- Advantages of Choosing an FCC Provider
- You may choose a multi-cultural home where children can learn a second language.
- FCC providers care for no more than six children at a time, and children are typically exposed to fewer illnesses than those who attend a larger traditional child care facility.
- Providers get to know children personally, resulting in a more comfortable “home away from home” experience.
- FCC homes have the same activity centers as traditional child care facilities, including play areas, arts and reading areas.
- FCC providers have a daily lesson plan parents may review.
- Early mornings, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays and long-term care is available.
- Homes meet same standards as CDCs, including monthly inspections.
- All providers and their family members 12 and older are subject to a background check.
- FCC providers are trained to accommodate children with special needs.
- You may interview prospective providers and visit their homes.
- Advantages of Becoming an FCC Provider
- Self employment – be your own boss!
- Stay at home with your child and augment family income.
- Free training. Continuing education credits are available.
- Professional resources are available
- Job mobility. You may serve as an FCC provider at your next duty station.
- If you are interested in becoming an FCC provider, call +1(706) 545-7945.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
The Family Child Care program provides quality in-home care for children from 4 weeks to 12 years old. Options include full day, hourly, before and after school, special needs, emergency and long term care. FCC homes on Fort Benning comply with FCC guidelines and meet fire, safety and health requirements. Providers are trained in CPR, first aid, safety, nutrition, child development and more.