- January- Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand
- February- Nights in Rodanthe, by Nicholas Sparks
- March- Twilight: New Moon, by Stephanie Meyer
- April- A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L’Engle
- May- Confessions of a Shopaholic, by Sophie Kinsella
- June- Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline
- July- The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
- August- Holes, by Louis Sachar
- September- Boy in the Striped Pajamas, by John Boyne
- October- 12 Strong, by Doug Stanton
- November- Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
- December- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
MWR’s Long Library hosts regular (free!) activities for the family (with refreshments!) For information, call 706-545-4911.
Preschool Story Hour at 10:30am every Wednesday
American Girl Book Club at 6:30pm the first Wednesday of every month for elementary age readers
Superheroes Book Club at 6:30pm the third Wednesday of every month for elementary age readers
Family Movie Night at 5:30pm the second Thursday of every month with movies rated G or PG
Board Game Night at 6pm the second and fourth Wednesday
Movies and Munchies at 1pm every Saturday
Coffee and Coloring the third Monday of each month at 10am
Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) meets at 11:30am the second Thursday of the month to share books from the Song of Fire & Ice series. Lunch is provided, but you must register.
Teen Tuesdays the first Tuesday of the month at 3pm and 4:30pm. Includes variety of activities, contests and prizes
Crafts Galore meets from 10am until noon the first Saturday of each month.
Move and Groove meets at 10:30am the fourth Saturday of each month for movement activities.
Book to Movie Club the third Tuesday of each month at 5:30pm. Titles are: