- Information on local, national, and international employment opportunities, job market trends and education, and volunteer resources
- Classes on self-assessment and career exploration, resume writing, interviewing techniques, dressing for success, networking, and entrepreneurship
- Résumé critiques
- Career counseling and individual career assessments
- Job fairs and other hiring events
- Youth employment information
- Computers with internet access, résumé-writing software, and typing tutorials
- Virtual Career Library access
- Federal Jobs and MWR Jobs
For federal jobs, visit: www.usajobs.gov. Type “Fort Benning, GA” in the locations block, then click “search.”
- This initial jobs list is for all U.S. citizens and includes all of Fort Benning. By default, this list also covers a 20-mile radius, so federal jobs in Columbus will also appear.
- Veterans, previous federal employees and military spouses under Military Spouse Preference (EO 13473) should click on the circle on the left side of the page and check “Federal Employees.” This opens up the jobs for all special interest personnel.
- All federal jobs that are announced will appear on www.usajobs.gov but, not all jobs on usajobs.gov are federal positions. NAF job vacancies are also listed.
For more information, visit the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center at Building 6, Meloy Hall, Room 113, or call +1(706) 545-2838.
We also encourage you to visit the Career Portal at Military One Source.
- Virtual Career Library
Get help with your job search or explore different careers online from any computer. Access over 6,000 digital pages of career guidance information. You'll find hundreds of career advice videos, digital career books and directories, virtual job data cards, job bank resources, and occupational videos to help you achieve career and life success. Note: First time users of the Virtual Career Library must click on the "First Time Registrant" link and complete and submit the access request form. Your account should then be accessible to you within one business day. From that point on, you can access the library with the username and password you created.
- Career Counseling and Job Coaching
Counselors help clients in career transition through analysis, planning, testing and personal development. Counselors help you determine your career path. Career services include testing, one-on-one counseling, an extensive career library and access to research sites. Individual and group sessions are available by appointment.
- Professional Development Workshops
ERP helps clients with resume writing, cover letters, federal employment, career exploration, job-search strategies and interviewing skills. Whether you are new to the job market, changing careers or a seasoned professional, the ERP can help you stay competitive in today’s job market. This workshop includes instruction on the Federal Employment System, career exploration and job-search strategies, dressing for success, interviewing techniques, working a job fair, identifying your strengths and skills, networking and salary negotiation.
- Additional Resources
ERP clients use a computer lab, educational guides, resume software, fax machine, copier, video interview tutorials and more. The computer lab provides access to the internet for job searches, resume writing software, tutorials and a number of automated employment databases, job announcements and employment information from government, civilian and military agencies. Learn about vocational schools, GED resources, grants and scholarships.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
The Employment Readiness Program offers resources to help with your career plan and job search. Whether you’re a new military spouse or family member, a retiree, DoD civilian, active duty military (including Reserve and National Guard) or a Wounded Warrior, we’re here to help. Our services include: