Looking for an affordable and convenient place to stay during your time at the Fort Benning Multi-Gun Challenge? Abrams Hall covers it all! Book your stay for just $72/night (plus tax) for a single room with a queen bed. A free hot breakfast will be available every morning! Be sure to ask for the “Multi-Gun Competition” block. Call 706-689-0067 to book today! More details can be found at www.ihg.com/armyhotels/hotels/us/en/fort-benning/zybea/hoteldetail.
- Sponsorship Opportunities
Travel, Lodging and Food
Most folks fly into the into Atlanta, Ga., and take the Groome Transportation shuttle to Fort Benning, but you may opt to fly into the Columbus Airport.
Participants and guests will enjoy comfortable and convenient lodging on Fort Benning's Main Post at Abrams Hall and a variety of great dining options.
Abrams Hall offers a special rate of $69.75 per night plus fees and taxes, using discount code MG2. To reserve a room at this rate before October 15, call 706-689-0067 or 706-683-8294 and mention Fort Benning Multi-Gun to receive the special rate.
Multi-Gun in the News
- Schedule of Events
- 2021 Stages
- Competition Rules
- Squad Matrix
- Accessing Fort Benning
All visitors for this event must follow Fort Benning gate access procedures. Visitors to Fort Benning without a common access card (CAC card), Military ID, Military Dependent ID, or Automated Installation Entry Card need to arrive first at a Visitor Control Center (VCC) for a background check. Use the 8th Division Road/Harmony Church Gate visitors center. While attending this event, it is not necessary to register your weapons. It is important to leave all firearms and ammunition in your vehicles when checking in at the VCC or entering the gate.
Everyone 16 and older must have one form of ID listed below and a NCIC III background check to enter Fort Benning.
- State Drivers License
- U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
- Personal Identification Verification Card issued by the federal government
- Personal Identification Verification-Interoperable Card issued by the federal government
- U.S. military ID
- Veterans Health Identification Card
- DHS Trusted Traveler Card
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Merchant Mariner Card • State Department driver’s license
- Border Crossing Card (DSP-150)
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550)
- Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- Foreign passport with a temporary (1-551) stamp or temporary (I-551) printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa
- U.S. Refugee Travel Document with photo (Form I-571) or Re-enter Form (I-327)
- Employment authorization document that contains a photograph (Form I-766)
- In the case of a non-immigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer, incident to status, a foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-94A bearing the same name as the passport and containing endorsement of the alien’s non-immigrant status, as long as the endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the form. U.S. military or draft record.
- Native American Tribal Document.
- Foreign government issued passport (INS Form 94).
Documents that can be used in conjunction with a nonvalid ID:
- University, library or school identification card with a photograph, name and expiration date.
- Nongovernment photo ID with person’s name and address.
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill or documentation showing the person’s name and address.
- Vehicle registration.
- Title Sponsor!
- Platinum Sponsor
Our Platinum Sponsors include
- Our Gold Sponsors ($6,000) - Cash or Product
Our Gold Sponsors include:
- Our Silver Sponsors ($4,000) - Cash or Product
Our Silver Sponsors include:
- Our Bronze Sponsor ($2,000) - Cash or Product
Our Bronze Sponsors include
- Contributing Sponsors ($1,000) - Cash or Product
Our Contributing sponsors include
- Competitor Reviews
"I really enjoyed this match. I found it well ran, and the stages were fun and challenging (some more so than others, that 648lb ruck was rough, lol.) There were no 15 second stages in this match, there was a lot of thought and effort put into stage design and the stages were ran by Army people in advance and tweaked, it was what I expected in stage design of a major match. I believe this lead to a smooth running match. Fort Benning matches are known for their cool props, and this year was no exception."
"My hat is off to the MWR, the food vendor onsite had good food, was open for breakfast and the practically free meal ticket to the food trailer was nice. The restroom trailers were a nice touch. The tents and chairs at each stage were nice also."
"Registration was easy and getting on post with all of our gear was very smooth. There was obviously a lot of communication in advance of our arrival to make this part so easy on the competitors."
"Sign me up for next year already, except for Stage 10 - I found it rather evil."
"Lots of help from many members of the Army meant little reset, lots of afternoon off time for naps or whatever, efficiently ran, great food on sight for nearly free, set on Fort Benning with full auto stage guns and a working tank on stages."
Put on by some of the best shooters in the country and themed stages full of props - I just can’t say enough! I’m counting down to next year already and I have shot nearly every major match in the country!"
"This was a phenomenal match. The stages were well thought out and challenging. The props and stage guns were a great addition. This was the best run match I’ve shot as well."
"This match was a ton of fun!!! My best shooting during the match came on Stage 10 - with the SAW! I’m thinking of changing divisions,"
"Where else can you sit on an Abrams, sit in a Bradley, and rail away with a SAW? The AMU is beyond professional and did a great job with both experienced shooters as well as newer shooters such as myself. No resetting was pretty legit as well, thanks to all that helped out!"
"This match was excellent. The gold standard of 3 Gun matches. The AMU made beautifully designed and constructed stages that tested all skills. The match director set the bar very high for future match directors, here or anywhere. The ROs were superb beyond all previous groups I have seen at any match anywhere. An amazing, outstanding bit of work."
"What a privilege to shoot a match at Fort Benning and have access to some of the “tools” a Soldier uses on a daily basis."
"Stages were awesome, but I’m not used to this level of a physical match. I was pretty sore by the third day. I have a list of things to work on for next year. A two day head start on sign ups is great. And I really dig my Kershaw tomahawk from the prize table."
- Refund Policy
Fort Benning MWR and the Army Marksmanship Unit have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2022 Fort Benning Multi-Gun Challenge due to a lack of registrations. For the past 6 years, this match has sold out within hours due to its popularity with military shooting teams and the top 3-gun competitors in the sport!
We believe changes to the procedures for bringing firearms onto post affected interest in this year's match. Our intent has always been to offer a safe and unique match, allowing competitors to interact with AMU's World Champions and Olympians. These changes were necessary to ensure the safety of our community and were not influenced by recent events.
Competitors that registered for the 2022 match will receive a full refund.